Monday, April 11, 2005

Lots of stuff before I disappear

Hello.

By the time you read this I will be 25 years old.

The Quarter Century Club has a new member.

I'll be gone for the next few days in Dublin and will be able to respond to comments but won't be posting until the 17th I think.






As far as birthdays go: this one has kicked ass!

The presents I got have been great:

-Money from Nana Paterson (Meg's grandmother) with which I purchased the Texas Chain Saw Massacre special edition director's cut DVD and 2 Nick Cave and the Bad Seed CDs

-Megan got me the first series of Little Britain (which has got to be the funniest TV show I have ever seen) on DVD, a book called Red Herrings and White Elephants which gets to the root of the odd idioms (like Flogging a dead horse) in the English language and another book called Granny Made me an Anarachist which looks at the modern protest movement in a funny and biographical way.

-Brian and Amber made me a CD of new rock music and sent the DVD of the Metallica documentary "Some Kind of Monster" with a box of Kraft Dinner from Canada (far superior to the crap that passes as KD in the UK).

-My In-Laws sent me The Long Way Round (a DVD with the BBC series of Ewan MacGregor and pal driving motorcycles around the world).

-My parents sent me the new Joe Cocker album which was a bit of a surprise. But a nice surprise. Not something I would have asked for but something I have already been enjoying...

-Pat and Sasha (our Canadian friends here in Glasgow) got me some sweet Fosters pint glasses, 2 DVDs of cheesy old horror flicks (3 movies per DVD!), and the Charles Bukowski novel Ham on Rye.

-With money that various family member sent me I purchased (in a wild frenzy this afternoon): the first 3 volumes of Japanese Extreme Horror TV show MPD Psycho by director Takashi Miike. Sort of like a Japanese X-Files without any morals...

I also got a copy of Guns N Roses "The Spaghetti Incident." Don't laugh...GNR are a great band and I pawned this CD off years ago in the Great Purge of 98. At the low price of £3.99 I couldn't resist.

The Fantomas new album Suspended Animation kicks major ass and may be their best to date.

Finally, I got the new biography of Bill Hicks: "Bill Hicks Agent of Evolution" If I have to explain who Bill Hicks is to you then that's your fault and you shoudl rectify that by buying many of his CDs.






I was planning on posting some pictures of Budapest tonight but that's not going to happen as I want to watch some of my crazy Japanese horror stuff so that will come upon my return from Dublin.






Megan wanted me to post this:

Make sure you've got your speakers on... Click on the link below and
listen
to the sound file... its pretty funny :)
http://www.buttsareus.com/ (this is rather disturbing)

another super cool commerical playing here:

http://www.nathanpitman.com/images/vw_golfGTI_medium.mov

I tried to find the original, but all that came up was blog sites.
Worth taking a look anyways!!

(in case the first one doesn't work...)
http://www.culturekitchen.com/archives/002797.html
Then click on the orange "the abomination brought to you by..."

(If you are wondering whether all my wife does is look for tv commercials online then you're right)






This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while: The Top Ten Most Ridiculous Black Metal Pics of All Time





Eat More People is dead. Long live Dark But Shining! Rick has teamed up with a friend to do a horror/scifi/fantasy blog and I'm along for the ride. Why the hell aren't you?




Future stuff:

We have to hand back our laptop at the end of May, so June's posts will be sparse and pictureless but I'll make my way to the library as much as possible.

Going to see Clutch on May 15th

Going to book tickets to Star Wars Episode III for the last weekend of May. Then going to finally go see Sin City on June 3rd.

I think that's me for now...I will check you folks later when I get back from Dublin. Whoa...12:30am...I'm 25 now. Time for a beer. And some crazy Japanese horror.

1 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Admin said...

Will miss you!

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home