Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The "Me" Meme

I stole this from Nick Locking. Damn him and his Narcissistic Self-Obsession! And apparently we both enjoy a Snickers bar. Well...it's a long one so here we go:

1. First Name: Desmond
2. Were you named after anyone? My mother's father. I never met him.
3. Do you wish on stars? Not since I was very young, wishing for a dog but never got one.
4. When did you last cry? Red Nose Day. There was a documentary on TV about AIDS in Africa and the orphans of the victims. Very sad. But, it was also quite nice to see who it was my minimal efforts were helping.
5. Do you like your handwriting? I have absolutely disgusting writing for a writer/English teacher. I should be ashamed but really I'm just a little embarassed.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Uhmm....thinly sliced chicken breast. Ham'll do though.
7. What is your birth date? April 12th 1980. I only wrote it out because I'm never sure if it should be written as: 12/04/1980 or 04/12/1980.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? I'm not really embarassed about any of my CDs but if it were up to public opinion of those who have seen my collection it must be either "My Way: Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits," or any of a group of Slayer or GWAR albums. Soon to be replaced by Guns N Roses' next album but who knows when that will ever come out...
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I'm not sure. I am intimidatingly handsome and extremely clever but I'm also quite modest.
10. Are you a daredevil? Not in any extreme sense. I'm not itching to jump out of a plane but I will eat/drink something that's a few days past its expiry date.
11. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? Not sure.
12. Do looks matter? Yep.
13. How do you release anger? In short quick bursts of an automatic rifle.
14. Where is your second home? Well, right now it's Glasgow. But at home home (Canada) it must be Greyhaven Hobbies.
15. Do you trust others easily? No. I'm quite untrusting of people I meet. Bit of a misanthrope.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Probably the Snake Eyes w/ Timber Wolf G.I . Joe figure until I lost Timber Wolf in a hayloft and poor old Snake Eyes was never the same.
17. What class in school do think is totally useless? As a teacher I feel compelled to say that all classes in school are useful but the high school student in me says Math.
18. Do you have a journal? I have two things resembling journals: this here blog and an idea book for story ideas.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, I would never stoop to the weak depths of using sarcasm. Note the sarcasm
20. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Used to when I was in high school but now I do something called "enjoying the music." Try it.
21. Favorite movie? God! I don't know. Right now: Akira Kurosawa's "Throne of Blood." Best adaptation of Macbeth yet.
25. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. I slip them on and off and them re-tie them once in a while when I'm wearing them.
26. What's your favorite ice cream? Since I'm lactose intolerant I don't usually partake in cream of the iced variety but if my digestive system is feeling adventurous (see question #10) then it must be Rocky Road.
27. Shoe size? 10 or 11 in good ole North America. Damn you Europe and your strange shoe sizes!
28. What are your favorite colors? Black, red and dark blue.
29. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My intimidating good looks. No, just kidding. My modesty.
30. Who do you miss most? Mom and Dad in Toronto.
32. What color pants are you wearing? Blue denim.
33. What are you listening to right now? A track called "The Man in the Lower Left Corner of the Photograph" from Mike Patton's Adult Themes for Voice. Just a man, a hotel room, lots of drugs and a microphone. That is the most obscure reference I will probably make all day and I'm full of them.
34. Last thing you ate? A bowl of granola. Fuck. I think I'm a hippy.
35. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I don't know...I'd be lodged in Homer Simpson's cerebrum.
36. What is the weather like right now? Cold and grey. But that's Glasgow all year.
37. Last person you talked to on phone? Funnily a recorded message from a telemarketing firm. The ones that trick you with the conversational tone of their message. Tricky bastards. Al Qaeda got the wrong building.
38. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? How they're not as beautiful as my wife. Though my wife is a member of the opposite sex...
40. How are you today? Alright I guess.
41. Favorite Drink? Right now it's a tie between Carling Extra Cold Lager and coffee.
42. Favorite sport? Hockey. Or, as they call it over here, ice hockey. Damn grass hockey playing Brits!
43. Hair color? Light brown on top but red in the beard. I think I'm a Viking.
44. Eye color? Grey/blue. And yes I spell grey with an "e." That is the only way to spell it.
45. Do you wear contacts? Nope. Don't wear glasses either.
46. Favorite month? Uhm...October? Halloween is my favourite day of the year. It's the one day when I'm excepted as a fascist, demonic bastard.
47. Favorite food? I don't know...curry and chips. That healthy Brit food.
48. Last movie you watched? Dark Water.
49. Favorite day of the year? See question # 46
50. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies. No doubt about it. And scary movies with happy endings suck bigtime!
51. Summer or winter? Winter. The sunmakes me crispen. And not the weird Back to the Future guy...
52. Hugs or kisses? Both. But if I had to choose one: hugs.
53. Relationships or one night stands? As a married man there is only one way to answer this...
54. What is your favorite dessert? Snickers.
57. Living arrangements? A flat in a tenement house in the East end of Glasgow.
58. Are you married or do you want to get married? I am and the one will do thanks.
59. Do you have any kids or do you want to have kids? Don't have any at the moment but I do want some. I want enough for a rock band or an entire hockey line.
60. What books are you reading? A book on Celtic Mythology and "Yellow Dog" by Martin Amis. I just finished Alan Moore's "Voice of the Fire."
61. What's on your mouse pad? A coffee cup usually.
62. Favorite Games? Scrabble, Scattegories...god I miss my Xbox!
63. What did you watch on tv last night? Two episodes of CSI. The original is alright but that NYPD Blue fuck on the Miami version is a smarmy bastard and I hate him. No really, I really really hate him.
64. Favorite smells? Steak.
65. What is the first thing you think when you wake up? 5 more minutes! Please God! 5 MORE MINUTES!




Whew...Would have had this posted yesterday but it was taking long and them blogger started to fart out on me so there you go.

0 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Post a Comment

<< Home