Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wow...A year in review + a big reveal!

Stick around to the end of the post and you'll be let in on some great news. Don't cheat!

Well, a year ago a few days ago we decided that if our unborn child was a boy we would name it Cade. Sure enough...

In the past year there have been more changes in my life than I ever thought would happen in such a short time. Last year I was going to post-grad school and tending bar in Glasgow. We moved to Port Alberni (a new, small town) in August and dove into our careers until a teacher's strike derailed our finances so badly that we're still feeling the sting today.

Having finally passed through the strike era, school got under way.

Along came Cade around Christmas time and it was the greatest present I ever got. Bye bye sleep. I used to be an insomniac. This carried over into not really needing to sleep all that much every night. Now, well...it's a different story. But I digress.

The new year brought a full time job teaching at the local alternate school which, funnily enough, has become a bit of a calling for me. Between that and the boy there hasn't been a lot of time for much else.

As I mentioned in the last post, we just bought our first piece of real estate and will be moving into the illustrious townhouse at the beginning of September.

Why am I repeating myself you might be asking. Well, we just got some news that puts the whole thing in a new light:

Yesterday Meg went to the doctor while I took the recycling to the depot. When I picked her up at the doctor's office she mouthed the words "I'm pregnant."

Now, roughly 40 hours later, that my heart has finally left my throat we're all still reeling from the news. We're excited and find the prospect of having two children graduated high school by the time we are 50 a little delightful.

Go here to see pictures of the future big brother.

7 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Admin said...

Huge Congrats! i left a comment on meg's blog, too.

8:34 am  
Blogger Kim said...

I read the news on Meg's blog, but I'll say it again here - CONGRATULATIONS!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Davinder said...

Holy cow. Congratulations.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Rick Geerling said...

Big congrats, Des!

Now you can have TWO small ninjitsu warriors.

4:18 pm  
Blogger Megan said...

Actually, I'll only be 43.

3:02 pm  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

Congratulations, you fertile, fertile people!!!

4:13 pm  
Blogger Mimey said...

Two is a good number, equal to the number of parents. More than two means any childish disagreement with your rules is powered by an army. That's the way I look at these things. I have two kids and no more.

Congratulations, hope it all goes smoothly.

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home