Tuesday, May 16, 2006

An Update and Random Thoughtarrhea

Been a while since I've posted content. What with a baby, a fulltime job and trying to get back in shape I've had little time to write let alone write blog entries.

Cade is awesome and doing very well. He smiles a lot even though he has a cold. It's nice. Go here to see him.

Work is going well but no one cares about that.

I have decided to get back in shape. It's been weeks since I've had a pop. I had a Dr. Pepper on a picnic on Mother's Day and was buzzing. I've taken up karate on Mondays and Wednesday nights for 2 hours each. It's kicking my ass but I've lost neck fat after 3 sessions already! I'm jogging too.

I decided to do this after paying some attention to the growing belly and the fear of the possibility of man-boobs. Man-boobs scare me. The very idea of me having them is terrifying.




Big Love is an HBO (I think) TV show about a polygamist Mormon family starring Bill Paxton and Chloe Sevigny. Despite the cool cast the content loses me.

My dad thinks it is a fantasy story because "no man would ever want 4 wives."




Been listening to a lot of podcasts lately but I'll talk about that at a later point.




Been listening to Tom Waits and Tool as well. I haven't updated my sidebar in months.




The Stand Complete and Uncut Edition is a 1200 page mountain of a novel that is hard to climb when reading 5 pages a day. I should be finished sometime around August, 2057. I want to finish it because I've got so many damn books to read on the pile that it's ridiculous. I've got novels from Christmas 2004 I haven't read yet. Very sad.




Lots of writing stuff in the works that I'll also talk about at a later point.

That's me.

3 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Megan said...

It's true about the neck fat!
You're looking great, babe!

6:42 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

I care about your work . . . but mostly just because hearing about your work is a way for me to escape my work! Hehehe
As for the man-boobs, I agree. Scary, scary prospect!
That whole "Big Love" show seems to be an interesting concept. Never seen it myself (though I know people who have), but I can't see myself getting into it. Polygamy seems to be a popular topic these days . . . one of the articles that my students read was about polygamy, but I think the outrage my students felt had more to do with the idea that in this particular culture (the Wodaabe tribe in Africa) it was only the men who had multiple wives and they felt that the woman should be able to have multiple husbands. No offense to all the wonderful husbands and wives out there, but I'm starting to agree with your dad on that one!

1:33 am  
Blogger Mimey said...

Tool, I have recently learned, rock bigstyle. I'm sure not enough people on this side of the Atlantic pond are aware of this fact.

So, well done, sir, for knowing this.

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home