Sunday, April 02, 2006

Month of Mini Holidays: Day 2 (a.k.a. Holy shit Geerling! I'm on Pacific Standard time!)

Since Mr. Geerling can't wait until I've had a cup of coffee, here's today's mini holiday breakdown:

-International Children's Book Day (USA)
A quick rundown of my fave kids books (as a daddy I have the ability to list my favourite kids books and still look cool): The Thief of Always (c'mon, it's Clive Barker doing children's fiction!!!), The Day I Swapped my Dad for Two Goldfish (by Neil Gaiman and DaveMcKean), Go to Bed Doodlehead (can a kids book be postmodern?) and finally Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? (this book rocks because I sing it opera style when I read it...you heard me)

-Battle of the Flowers (France)
I couldn't find a Wikipedia listing but I think it's a WW2 battle. Leave it to the French to bring this day down.

-National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day (USA)
Happy Rick? I hope you celebrate with some Jif and Smuckers! Is Jif a PB brand?

I've never been a fan of PB and Jelly together. It's heretical. I've nevber liked either on sandwiches either.

Serve separate and sparingly on warm, lightly toasted bread or not at all if you ask me.




I might be back later today with comic stuff.

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my pb and j duty!
And I think Cade was pretty into it too.. he kept lunging for it.

4:43 pm  
Blogger Rick Geerling said...

Success! Now I can happily go eat some peanut butter sandwiches. And quit harping on you.

And you should also check out The Phantom Tollbooth, which is my favorite kid's book.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home