Friday, March 10, 2006

Sad News and an Update

I should mention something but there are times when my writing sounds flat, uninspired. And the last thing I'd want to do here is sound like that.

But, something must be said. Tuesday morning one of the coolest men I'd ever met lost his fight with lymphoma. Colin was kind, hilariously sharp-witted and very "real". He was far more than my wife's best friend's dad.

I'll always remember his voice. He had the most amazing speaking voice (and singing voice, I'm told; I never got to hear him sing). An Anglo-Indian accent that was sought out by the makers of an IMAX movie about tigers that I have yet to see.

We miss you, Colin.




That said, it is the reason why I'm on the mainland for a few days before spring break. Meg, Cade and I are heading to Toronto to visit my parents on Sunday.

When I come back from break I expect to fully draw back the curtain and tell yu all about my new job.

I've got a bunch of ideas streaming through my head for various writing things but I'm in a house that doesn't have Microsoft Word for God's sake! Dang.

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Kim said...

Yes, an absolutely amazing man with a fabulous singing voice! He sang at my dad and step-mom's wedding. In many ways Colin reminded me of my dad, who lives permanently in a hospital because of his Alzheimers. It's made me think again about the beauty and fragility of life.

2:13 am  
Blogger Des said...

That's right! I forgot you would have known him.

2:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home