Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wolfman's Got Nards!

Monster Squad.

Damn, I love this movie. It started a path in my life that was inalterable. I was a horror fan already when I saw this as a youngster. I had already seen all of the Friday the 13ths and Nightmare on Elm Streets that were made up to '87 but this movie, campy as it is, made me want to seek out the Universal Monster movies. It actually gave me an appreciation for film at 8 years old (I'm assuming I didn't see it the moment it came out on video but rather a few months later and therefore, 1988).

My grandfather was impressed that I liked movies that he saw as a kid and showed me other stuff: Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, John Wayne, Orson Welles, Kirk Douglas. I was probably the only pre-teen whose favourite movie was Angels with Dirty Faces.

It's funny how a PG 13* young adult horror movie can send someone in such a direction. I was young, really young. So young that at one point early in the movie it announces (via a subtitled message) that it is now Present Day and I thought that was an American holiday but couldn't understand why no one in the movie was giving each other presents!

Anyway, do us all a favour and go here to sign a petition to get this movie on DVD, please!!!



*Now they'd probably have to cut so much stuff from this to get a PG rating it would be a nonsensical commercial for garlic sandwiches! Not sure what I'm saying? Sign the petition and rent the DVD when it comes out my friends

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I, too, fondly remember this great little flick, and will definitely sign the petition to get it on DVD.. hope it works!

9:40 pm  
Blogger Davinder said...

"Kick him in the nards!"
"What?"
"Kick him in the nards!"
"He doesn't have nards!"
"DO IT! DO IT!"
[Kick]
(Groan)
"Wolfman's got nards."

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home