Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Avenged frickin' Sevenfold

Ok...so Ticketweb pulled through and got my ticket sent to the venue (The Arches-a fantastic brick interior all done in arched ceilings). Well, not really my ticket. I think they called and told them that they fucked up and just to let me in. There was no ticket, only a nod to the doorman. Lovely.

Mendeed opened the show and were blisteringly heavy. They are from just down the road but have been gathering some heavy steam inthe Eurometal scene. Too heavy for me but they had a fantastic rhythm section.

Avenged Sevenfold took the stage and opened with my favourite song of theirs "Chapter Four." Fantastic...they peppered the set with older and newer stuff. Stuff I'm not so familiar with but it was still great. M. Shadows shows no sign of having had throat surgery. He appeared in better form than the last time I saw them.

There is a great new song (on the upcoming City of Evil album) about Hunter S. Thompson called "Bad Country" that kicks all kinds of ass.

The mosh pit was lively and I even found myself in it for about six seconds (by accident). I'm an old man. I go to concerts to listen to the music and watch the show, not push people around.

The difference between this time and the last time I saw them was that they seem very seasoned at this point in their careers. I felt like I was watching Guns N Roses or Motley Crue in the late eighties. Their blend of Iron Maiden and The Misfits came across as the most epic music I have ever heard.




I haven't slept since Monday night so I'm cutting this short.

Watched Roger Corman's Buckets of Blood today as well. It is incredibly cheesy. A thirty two year old Dick Miller playing a teenaged busboy who dabbles in art and turns into a psychopath. It is really a satire of contemporary art circa 1960 but really has little relevance besides a cliche now.




Comics tomorrow Yay!!!!




Episode III tomorrow Yay!!!!!

Talk to you then.

PS Miss you Meg.

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!

I realised today at Nana's (where I am now) that I had no idea what this website was, so the ever ingenious gal that I am, I went to blogger, signed in as you, (guessed your user name and password) found the site, found the address then opened a new window!! No, I didn't touch anything!! It's just there was no emails from you so I thought I should check the blog and make sure you were still alive and posting!

Anyways, glad the concert worked out in the end. Please have a wee sleep!! I'm going to have a nap in the sun right now. In Port Alberni, I bet it's about 27 degrees! Bliss!

Check ya l8r g8r!!

Love ya

9:13 pm  
Blogger Des said...

My wife...in Mexico. I mean Port Alberni. I'm beginning to think this whole trip hom thing was just an excuse to go somewhere tropical. There's a reason I haven't been able to reach you by phone.

Busted!

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home