Thursday, December 29, 2005

Constantly on the Verge of Tears

I sit in my in-laws office as I write this. The office has served as my makeshift bedroom for the past few nights. The reason why I'm in the office and not in the more private basement suite where I usualy stay while my pregnant wife slumbers upstairs unperturbed by my snorts and gurgles is because of the little fella that is now snorting and gurgling at my feet!

Megan's water broke at 11:00 pm Christmas Night. We were at the hospital by 2:30 am when we were informed her contractions were not as regular as we thought. We opted to stay in the hospital room instead of going home. After a top-notch performance by my lovely wife my son, Cade Anthony Reddick, was born at 6:30 in the morning on Dec. 27th. He has a full head of strawberry-blond hair that is easily formed into a faux hawk and I am told he looks a lot like me (handsome little bugger).

I've never been happier. If I could put into words how I feel about him I would be the world's greatest writer. I'd live in a castle on a hill with an army of Shar-Pei dogs. Cade has put heaven in a jar for me.

By all means, go to my wife's blog and see his pictures.

Best. Christmas. Ever.

6 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Kevin Melrose said...

Congratulations, Des!

3:07 pm  
Blogger David Lee Ingersoll said...

Congratulations to you and the missus! May your days be filled with joy and your nights provide you with adequate sleep.

Now avoid reading Bradbury's The Small Assassin until Cade is safely in first grade.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Admin said...

Congrats! I am so happy for all three of you!

He is stunningly beautiful!

3:52 am  
Blogger Des said...

Thanks folks!

It is a great feeling and Meg and I are still shocked by it all.

David: Sleep is fleeting but The Small Assassin I read and devoured years ago. Too late!

12:53 am  
Blogger Rick Geerling said...

Congrats, Des!

Even though he does suspiciously look like me...

3:47 am  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

Aagh! I haven't stopped by here in a few days...and in the interim you and your wife made a person!

A damn cute person. Congratulations- I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy!

1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home