Thursday, June 23, 2005

I'm Baaaa-aack!

I think that's the second time I've used that post title but I don't care. This is my blog dammit!

That's right, I'm back in Vancouver after a long journey involving lost luggage and too much sitting around. I have finally been cleared of jetlag (it seems) so I can operate as normally as possible. Big thanks to Niels who dropped my 863 lbs of luggage and I off at the airport. Saved a torturous train ride. Cheers Niels!

Went to Port Alberni yesterday and visited Meg's Nana while Meg did an orientation for her upcoming kindergarten class but I'm sure she'll tell you all about that. The rental situation is still nil over there but it doesn't look as though it will be a problem as things are widely available and cheap. I think we're just looking too early.

I said before that I was going to talk about Amsterdam but I feel as though I've talked about it to death so sorry if you wanted to hear about it. 4 days there is too long but I did have fun.




Batman Begins, on the other hand, I can talk about a lot more. This is the movie they should have made a long time ago. I was totally impressed. In principle alone it sounds brilliant: a Christopher Nolan film starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Liam Neeson? Fuggeddaboutit!

The story was a little thin at times and served only to move the movie forward (why is Gordon friends with Batman so soon?) but I dealt with them.

Little gripes: Katie Cruise (or whatever) was absolutely dreadful. I've never seen such a poor attempt at fleshing out a love interest for Batman, Nicole Kidman was bad enough. I've come to terms with the fact that I don't like Morgan Freeman. He plays the same character over and over. I'm just going to pretend that the only film of his I've seen is Shawshank Redemption and call it a day. Final gripe, and I've said it before, Gary Oldman was criminally underused. BEST. ACTOR. EVER.

I'm going to give it a second viewing some time next week with my brother-in-law and my cousin.




Got some comics today but haven't read them. Might have to wait til tomorrow to post my reviews.




Car Woes

Yeah...got the Cavalier insured the other day so we have something to drive this summer and I decided to go get some stuff done. I was told it was started with no problem a few days before I returned but when I tried, no juice. It was only needing a battery jump but what really pissed me off was the fact that there was a wasp nest in the driver-side door cradle.

"How did you find out?" you ask? Well, the three wasp stings I got upon trying to start my car tipped me off pretty quickly. I soon discovered another fledgling wasp nest in the panel behind the gas flap and a much larger one in the trunk.

I got all theatric, it's what I do when I'm about to murder several tiny creatures, and went all Arnie on their asses. I was quoted as saying: "You have just been evicted" in full Terminator fashion.

That's not the worst part about the car though, there was mold all over the floor and shit! Goddammit! It's being detailed as we speak top the tune of $125. If the mold comes back I'm told they can use something called an Ozone Generator (and there's a story in this somewhere) to destroy any micro-organisms in the vehicle. I really wanted to do that but they needed the car overnight and it cost an extra $60 so I'll wait.

That's all folks. Later.

0 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Post a Comment

<< Home