Thursday, November 17, 2005

My First Honest-to-God Supernatural Experience!

Now, I'll premise this by saying that Ive had a few experiences in my life when I thought I was dealing wth ghosts but have always chalked it up to an overactive imagination.

Today? No such chalking up. The following is a true account of my experience today...

Today I worked (hurrah!) for the first time in 2 weeks. I was at a school making units for home school kids in the district. I had to use the men's room and was directed where to go.

I got to the door of the bathroom and pushed the door only to discover that it was really heavy. I stopped for a second to let somene out if there was someone trying to leave. No one came out. Maybe they were letting me come in first or maybe it was just a heavy door.

I tried the door again and it was very heavy still. I pushed it open to be blasted by cold air. When I finally got into the bathroom it was so cold in there that I could see my breath. It was not a particularily cold day outside and there were no windows in the bathroom. I checked.

I shivered as I looked at the decor. Right out of 1972. Wood paneling (and I mean fake plastic wood) covered the upper half of the wall and a green pseudo-marble covered the bottom half. This was the station wagon of bathrooms.

I walked up to the urinal, noticing the red stenciled paint against the faux-marble wall that said "CONTAINS ASBESTOS", and multitasked by peeing and not trying to catch cancer. The urinal basin over my head was gurgling and humming at a low pitch.

I caught something dark out of the corner of my eye race from the far end of the bathroom (by the stall) to the door. It was quick. But the door did not open. I turned around to check without any aim problems and finished up. I did a quick surveillance of the bathroom and the stall door remained as it was when I walked in. The room remained cold but I was warming due to the thumping of my heart.

I went back to my computer and typed about People and Their Environment.

4 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Admin said...

Crazy.

3:51 am  
Blogger Admin said...

Nice new pic by the way. Hahaha.

7:14 pm  
Blogger Des said...

Vincent Price is the master!

It was a crazy experience yesterday. Like nothing I've ever encountered.

11:56 pm  
Blogger Shaun said...

Bathrooms ... love 'em or hate 'em you've got to use them, and if you had to pee before, I bet you sure did after;-)

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home