Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fuckity Fuck!

Hello all.

I have returned from the mainland after my Jeopardy audition. If you are really perceptive you may be able to guess how it went by the title of this post.

Out of 200 or so people only 4 actually passed the initial 50 point test and, alas, I was not one of that quadumvirate (is that a word?). I know I got about 20 questions right and am pretty sure about some good guesses so I'm almost certain my score was around 35/50 so it must have had a high cut-off. It was a damn hard test!

All was not lost. I got a cool Jeopardy pen and learned lots of stuff about Jeopardy fom an official Clue Crew member!

-Jeopardy tests 30,000 people a season and only accepts 400.
-Ken Jennings, yeah, this Ken Jennings, failed his first 2 tests so all is not lost.
-They tape only on Tuesdays and Thursdays and tape 5 shows a day. As you can imagine, this can cut down on hotel costs for them but it is slightly misleading due to the fact that they all go backstage and change into a new day's clothes before filming another episode.
-The most important question (the one that I asked) is that the losers no longer get a copy of the Jeopardy home game! They get 2000 dollars for second place and 1000 for third. Guess they figure you can buy your own version of the home game.

I can audition again next year and will do so (if they come back, it was their first time in Vancouver in 8 years!) until I crack the Jeopardy code.




I also picked up some new comics and the new issue of Rue Morgue when I was there so more about them tomorrow.




Incidentally, I think Munich is going to be a fantastic film.

6 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Kevin Melrose said...

Sorry you didn't make the cut, Des -- but at least you can say you tried out.

7:20 pm  
Blogger Des said...

Cheers Kevin, but all is not lost. This is but the first chapter in my story of a man who conquered Jeopardy.

The initial scene of loss is important to strengthen the character's motivations and add asense of self-doubt before plunging into an era of preparation.

That was weird.

7:28 pm  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

To make it really heartwarming, you should lose at the try-outs every year for the next 20-30 years...then FINALLY make it.

You'll be like Susan Lucci or Dennis Quaid in that movie about that guy.

12:59 am  
Blogger Des said...

I've always wanted to be like Susan Lucci (great hair).

20-30 years? Jebus! I was thinking 2 or 3. That's pushing it.

4:20 am  
Blogger Admin said...

I had a dream! You'll be the new Jeopardy champion within a few years.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Des said...

Wow. You're like Martin Luther King, only gameshow style!

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home