Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Comics and the Pahhhty

I picked up some books from the library the other day. And by books I mean graphic novels (you're not very hip if you don't know what I'm talking about; you might only be pelvis):

-Superman: Panic in the Sky: Another early nineties big thing when DC was churning out big things every three months. This big thing introduced Maxima to the regular role of the JLA and into the hearts and minds of all DC readers. My, when I try and think of the DC universe pre-Maxima days I shake my head and wonder if they ever knew the effect she would have. Note: sarcasm.

-Camelot 3000: First thing I've ever read by Mike Barr and Brian Bolland that has nothing to do with Batman. It's good but I'm only 1/12th into it. I've always wanted to read it.

-Avengers: World Trust: Geoff Johns on the Avengers. Heard many good things so I'll check it out.




I also finally got my copy of Animal Man: Deus Ex Machina (the last of Morrison's run) but due to my impending move I'm contractually obligated to finish the library books first. I love me some Morrison Animal Man!




Today is the day of the party. It's not really a party; it's a get-together. You can't come, however, unless you pronounce party like Lady Redgrave (can't remember her first name and am assuming that she received the honour from the Queen) in the film version of Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway. *

"Are you coming to my pahhhhh-ty?"

You hear that Kiki? You must say that!

*Upon further inspection her name is Vanessa Redgrave. I couldn't remember it. There are like four thousand six hundred and twenty-three of them and all of them are overrated. There! I said it!

Oh yeah...1997? It looks like it was made in the early eighties. I know Brit films aren't as polished as their North American counterparts but geez!

4 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Davinder said...

The last Morrison Animal Man is the best, especially the very last issue. Nobody does final issues better than Grant Morrison. (see also Doom Patrol)

2:47 am  
Blogger Admin said...

:( Guys....sorry Jade and I didn't make it. We were apartment hunting until 6.30pm, got home just after 7, and Jade was already starting to get tired. At least I think we've found the apartment we've been looking for!

3:37 pm  
Blogger Big Ell said...

Not sure of your politics but Palestine by Joe Sacco is a great and informative graphic novel not that I know much about graphic novels.

7:39 pm  
Blogger Des said...

I have yet to read Palestine but I have heard lots of good things.

Welcome Big Ell. My buddy Dave Sage directed me to your blog.

8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home