Thursday, April 13, 2006

Month of Mini Holidays: Day 14

Only one holiday today. There were two but one of them was suspect so I cut it out. Here is the survivor:

-Moment of Laughter Day (USA)
But only a moment. We're watching you!

These made-up American holidays are really starting to grate on me. Humorologist Izzy Gesell created this holiday because he thought there wasn't enough laughter in the world.

I don't think there's enough cod liver oil in the world. Today is now International Cod Liver Oil Day!

What about Frankie Avalon & Annette Funnicello Beach Movie Day? Pop Tarts Day? Ravin Lunatic Cat Lady Day?

I got it! Stupid Made-up Holiday Day! No we already have enough of those.

Ugh...not even halfway through this exercise and I'm already getting bitter.

This, by the way, is a halfway through the year exercise for the month of daily blogging that I will be doing in October (again). If you like, look through 2005's 31 Days of Des' Horror Favourites.

I'll be doing a similar horror-themed daily blogging exercise his October but a little different. Essays, reviews, memories, some original works of writing. It should be fun.

1 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

I can't wait for October!!!

1:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home