Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Month of Mini Holidays: Day 13

Now that the festivities of yesterday are over (we were celebrating Cosmonauts Day) it is time to talk a little bit about today's 2 holidays:

-Blame Somebody Else Day (USA)
Do whatever the hell you like today, pick a scapegoat and blame away, my friends!

-Vaisakhi Solar Year (Hindu)
Hindu New Year baby! WOOT!!!

They can't all be exciting. But, if Vaisakhi is a party let me know my Hindu friends! I can only assume that if I haven't heard of it then I can make fun of it (in the case of all of these American non-holidays) or call them boring. Thus is the intent of the internet.




Got my copy of Hank Williams III's new album "Straight To Hell" in the mail yesterday and have been listening to it non-stop. It is the shit!

It pisses all over pop country and lets us all know what outlaw country is again. Missing the Waylon Jennings's?, the Merle Haggards?, the Willie Nelsons?, the Johnny Cash's's's's's? Pick this shit up. 100% pure Psychobilly!

And of course, his dad is country legend Hank Williams Jr. who just so happens to be...wait for it...the son of country music uber-legend Hank Williams Sr.! Who'da thunk it?

Oh yeah...the best part about this album is that it contains the cover version of a song whose album cover I posted and pontificated over way back in March 2005!

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaisakhi is a major holiday here....there is a massive parade throughout the Newton area with road closures and the whole bit! Now you know what you're missing :)

6:03 pm  
Blogger Des said...

I stand corrected! Cheers Amber!

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home