Friday, September 30, 2005

Fitting things in before I'm in movie mode...

October begins 31 Days of Des' Horror Favourites so there will be my review of a horror film every day in the mighty eighth month. Before I do so I must mention a few things. Tomorrow will be the beginning my October stunt so I'm sticking things in today.

My 31 favourite horror films will be counted down starting with #31 tomorrow (October 1st) until I get to #1 (you guessed it: October 31st). As usual, criticisms and comments are always welcome. If I'm out of my mind let me know.






Big Des News!!!!!!!

I'm auditioning to be a contestant on Jeopardy! And not a lame Canadian version of Jeopardy. Not even Rock & Roll Jeopardy. Real Jeopardy. This is November 8th. If things go well I will do a daily weblog of my experience and call it "What is Without Me You're Only You?"






Courtesy of WonK at Millarworld I have some info on the Korean movie Brian and I were stars in during our time in Amsterdam...okay...we were extras but here's the info anyway. The movie is called Daisy:


Jeon Ji-hyun (b. October 30, 1981) first became well-known as a commercial model and as a TV actress....Jeon's breakout film was comedy My Sassy Girl, which became a huge hit both in Korea and throughout Asia with its tale of a gullible college student and his slightly unhinged girlfriend. The film spent two weeks at #1 in Hong Kong, and turned her into Korea's most recognizable star in the Chinese-language market. ... 2004 saw her return to the big screen in another film by Kwak Jae-yong, the director of My Sassy Girl. Windstruck cast her in the role of a policewoman, but many viewers felt it was too similar to My
Sassy Girl. There were also signs that her popularity had started to suffer
because of overexposure in advertisements. Nonetheless, Windstruck became the
best-performing film ever in Japan, where My Sassy Girl was not as well known.

Jeon's next project Daisy teams her with Jung Woo-sung (who frequently appears together with her in advertisements), and has drawn attention for its 100% location shooting in the Netherlands, and for using the Hong Kong director Andrew Lau (Infernal Affairs). Kwak Jae-yong (My Sassy Girl) wrote the screenplay.


from koreanfilm.org

And even more from Asian Cinema Drifter.com

Top-star Jeon Ji-hyun has chosen the Hong Kong movie “Daisy,” directed by Andrew Lau, as her next production. She will play opposite Jeong
Woo-seong, who played the lead in the movie “A Moment to Remember.” “Daisy” will be directed by Andrew Lau, who also directed the “Internal Affairs” series, while the script will be overseen by director Kwak Jae-yong, who directed “Windstruck.”... “Daisy” is a story about the inevitable showdown between a detective and a killer who fall in love with the same woman. In the story, Jeon plays a street artist who dreams of opening her own exhibition someday, while
Jeong portrays a killer who loves her but cannot confess his love to her because of his profession. ... “Daisy” is the product of a collaboration of high-profile actors and production crews from Korea and China: Andrew Lau, who directed “A
Man Called Hero” and “Internal Affairs,” Kwak Jae-yong, who had a chance to work with Jeon Ji-hyun in “Windstruck” and “My Sassy Girl,” the production crew of “Internal Affairs,” the martial arts team of “Spiderman” and the simultaneous
recording team of “Taegeugki.” ... ”Daisy” will be filmed in the Netherlands and will open this December.




Infernal Affairs, by the way, was the shit!





Courtesy of Thighs Wide Shut I bring you the trailer for The Shining:Redux. It's the most I've laughed in a loooonnnggg time.

See you tomorrow!

3 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Admin said...

I hope you're on Jeopardy! Good luck!

11:54 pm  
Blogger Rick Geerling said...

I concur. Infernal Affairs was, indeed, the shit.

12:49 am  
Blogger Des said...

Thanks Kiki!

Rick: >Des nods in agreement<

1:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home