Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Any Manowar fans out there?


Dear God! Posted by Hello

The only thing, and I'll repeat that, the only thing scarier than this album cover is the name of the album implying this is a career retrospective of sorts.

I am a heavy metal fan (everything from Judas Priest to Mastodon to In Flames) and I don't think I have ever heard a Manowar song! Should I be thankful?

Sorry about this by the way...I'm having a shitty day and now so must you!

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Rick Geerling said...

Okay, okay. I never approved of the loin cloths or the strange leather fetish Manowar had...but they do have some damn good tunes.

You have to be in the mood for some good over-the-top operatic speed metal (Though not nearly as operatic as Gamma Ray or Nightwish, both of whom I also reccomend), but it's worth it if you can find the tracks you can get into. It's different for every Manowar fan.

Me? I'm a big fan of Louder Than Hell if no other Manowar song does anything for you, at least give Outlaw a chance.

3:59 am  
Blogger Des said...

Thanks for reading Rick! I can't promise to give any more Manowar a chance (it has been a while though) but I certainly agree that Nightwish kick all kinds of ass. Maybe I'll check out Gamma Ray as well.

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home