Tuesday, July 19, 2005

RIP Jim Aparo and a little bit of sunshine

Jim Aparo died last night.

Jim Aparo drew the DEFINITIVE Batman...Ten Nights of the Beast, Death in the Family, Many Deaths of Batman, etc... When I think of Batman it's the old blue and grey version that Aparo had mastered. He drew an issue (well, more than one) of Brave and the Bold featuring Batman and I...Vampire that I devoured as a kid and will devour as soon as I am in ownership of my comic collection once again.

My condolences to his friends and family.




On a day when I was saddened by Mr. Aparo's death I was cheered up by some of the funniest things I have ever read. Linked to by Thighs Wide Shut and found on gorillamask.net are: The Greatest Letter Ever Written to an Airline and the even funnier The Greatest Essay Ever Written. The following is the best introductory two sentences ever written:

"A man can only justify his actions if he regards his demeanor with deductive
thinking. This man was not Oedipus mainly because he was a fucking douche bag."

Thanks Thighs Wide Shut.

2 Bitching, Moaning and Praise

Blogger Megan said...

What in the hell is with your creepy picture?!
Get it off! I don't like it in the comments on my blog!

Love you!
Wifey

5:26 pm  
Blogger Des said...

Dennis Hopper gets no love from my wife...sigh.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home